Should You Let Your Cat Run Outdoors?
So, you think your cat needs to go outdoors to be happy. You want him to be happy, but do you want him to…
- Get hit by a car
- Be exposed to fatal diseases such as feline leukemia, FIV, or rabies
- Get stolen by an animal dealer and sold to a research lab
- Get caught and mangled in the fanbelt of a car
- Get chased by dogs or other animals and be killed or lost
- Get poisoned, either accidentally by pesticides or intentionally by cat haters
- Get shot by hunters or by children with BB guns
- Get caught in a trap to die a slow, painful death
- Get parasites such as fleas, ticks, or worms
- Cause problems with your neighbors when he uses their lawn for a litterbox
- Get “taken for a ride” by a disgruntled neighbor
Love and protect your cat.
Keep your cat indoors where s/he is safe!